As a child, probably about the same age as my three-year old daughter, I gave regular performances from our family’s fireplace. Surrounded by rust shag carpet, earth-toned upholstery, and speakers that were as tall, if not taller than I was, I would belt out the tune New York from Sinatra’s Trilogy album. It was my song. As a creative soul, and lover of the nuances of city life; parks, independent eateries, the sense of community, character and obviously the architecture, I’m pretty certain it won’t take long to fall in love with the city I sang about all those years ago. And I’m about to find out.
With KDR’s Director of Marketing, Amanda Bauer at my side, we’re embarking on a trip to “the city that never sleeps” for Blogfest 2013 presented by Kravet. It’s my first trip, and I’m lucky enough to have a personal tour guide. Before returning to her hometown, Amanda spent a few post-college years living the fabulous life of a twenty-something in Manhattan and she’s already making reservations for what are sure to be late, albeit fun-filled nights.
As we make our way to a string of glamorous events and a day of touring design showrooms, we’re inviting you to follow along. We’ll be Pinning, Tweeting, Posting and Instagraming our way through four days of inspiration and education.
Here’s a look at our itinerary…
Sunday Evening, May 19
• Cocktails at Jonathan Adler on Madison Avenue
Monday, May 20
• Tour of the Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse.
• Luncheon at the Hearst Tower presented by HGTV Magazine featuring keynote speakers Candice Olson and Thom Filicia.
• Cocktail reception at Newel, the most extensive decorative and fine arts galleries in the U.S., accompanied by special guests Alexa Hampton, Anthony Baratta, Candice Olson, David Easton, Jonathan Adler, Suzanne Kasler, Thom Filicia and more.
From Tuesday to Wednesday afternoon we’ll be touring every design showroom in town (when I’m not dragging Amanda into every restaurant, deli and bakery we pass by) and there’s sure to be a bit of shopping in between.
I hope you’ll follow along on this exciting, memorable adventure.
Until next time…
Photograph above by Simple Tess.
- In Search of Your Sofa Soulmate? What Matters Most - April 7, 2020
- Outdoor: Black, White, Bold + Bright - June 7, 2019
- SPOTLIGHT: Chinoiserie - May 29, 2019